Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Patch 4.3, Transmogrifier, Looking for Raid, and Deathwing

So a bit of information has been spread about 4.3 and its brought some very interesting news. First off, patch 4.3 will contain the Deathwing raid. The showdown with the Aspect of Death himself is finally here. The Deathwing raid will be the last raid of the expansion. Thats... interesting. I'm holding my thoughts until the PTR actually gets here and I can actually see the instance itself.

We're getting three new 5 mans. New. Not like ZG and ZA. This I like. The Icecrown Citadel 5 mans were the best 5 mans in WotLK and some of the best ever, imo. Maybe we'll get a couple of 5 man bosses that can rival Bronjahm and the Devourer of Souls. YOU DARE LOOK UPON THE HOST OF SOULS?

The addition of a new "Transmogrification" feature. This will allow you to change the appearance of a piece of gear into that of another piece that is the same armor class. This is something that alot of people have wanted for a long time. Good addition, very nice.

Void Storage will be a new type of bank that will allow characters to store pieces of armor to free up regular bank and bag space. Things like this will never hurt. Ever.

Lastly, Blizzard is apparently introducing a Looking for Raid feature. It will work like the current Dungeon Finder. I'm not too sure about this. I mean, the concept in of itself is fine. The implementation is also fine. What isn't fine is the community. I don't think I need to go into detail about the experiences that people have had in the Dungeon Finder. A Raid Finder might make those things so much worse. So much fucking worse. I hope these features get on the PTR and I hope the PTR goes live soon because I plan on doing video coverage of everything that I can. The transmogrification stuff, the void storage, most importantly: the new 5 mans, perhaps the raid content. Video possibilities are a many.

No comments:

Post a Comment